From Wellspring Health:
1. RESILIENCE: Our capacity to survive and flourish is compromised by the lack of awareness of our habits and their consequences. Meditation heightens awareness of ourselves. Meditation reduces stress and anxiety, and improves relaxation and resilience.
2. NUTRITION: What and how much we eat and drink directly affect our health and longevity. We are what we eat and drink, but most of us are unaware of our nutritional habits and their consequences.
3. EXERCISE: Regular physical activity can transform health. Building habits of physical activity promotes physical, emotional, spiritual health and an overall sense of well-being.
4. SLEEP: The importance and benefits of adequate restful sleep are poorly understood. We assess sleep needs and improve participants’ sleep habits and conditions for restful sleep.
5. LEARNING: Lifelong learning and active use of the cognitive function are essential to well-being and happiness. Emerging brain research on neuro-plasticity indicates that a more mindful approach to learning sustains cognitive functioning.
6. FRIENDSHIP: Enduring and meaningful friendships are key to health and happiness over a lifetime. A network of healthy relationships enhances open mindedness, mental acuity and emotional stability. Positive social networks produce compelling benefits.
7. SIMPLICITY: Our lives are overrun with activities, busyness and possessions. Having a clear profile of our personal values, how time is spent and the complexity of everyday activities helps to set priorities, avoid self-indulgence and achieves a spirit of humility.
8. SPIRITUALITY: Habit change is profoundly spiritual. We help participants discover and nourish their deepest values, motivations and aspirations. This spiritual foundation guides progress in all other Habit Areas. A life lived in this spirit leads to an enlightened conscience, gratitude, harmony, peace and sustaining energy.
from Wellspring Health